Job ID: JO0000003755_1574618413
£24,500.00 - £27,000.00
We are recruiting for a Communications Officer to work for our client, a successful Academy Trust with 3 schools in the Bradford area. The purpose of the role will be to develop and progress the Trust’s communications agenda both internally and externally working closely with the Trust schools and stakeholders.
The main responsibilities of the Communications Officer will include:
- Develop campaigns to promote the Trust as a place to work and learn working with the press and media
- Write and edit copy to use on the website working with colleagues and external agencies to ensure websites are up to date, engaging and meeting organisational needs
- Manage and develop social medial channels ensuring the schools are engaging with relevant audiences and keeping abreast of social networking to ensure maximum audience reach
- Setting up internal communication activities and initiatives to help build a culture of two-way internal communication to be considered fundamental and integral but every staff member
- Develop individual communication plans for school including full implementation
- Champion the Trust’s values and promote the Trust’s vision
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Abilities will include:
- A degree qualification or equivalent
- Accredited CIPR or CIM and evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience working with press/media ideally within an educational setting
- Experience of project, event and community management
- Knowledge of the law and its impact
- good planning skills and the ability to re-organise plans to accommodate new priorities
- Experience using Quark desktop publishing software
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Willingness to travel (ideally a car owner)
- Ability to remain calm and copy with the unexpected
This is a full-time permanent role. Candidates must be able to evidence all of the above requirements for the role as this is not an exhaustive list. Salary is £24,500 to £27,000 pa plus excellent benefits. To apply for this role, please submit your CV.
Headway Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.